Affiliate marketers are always looking for new products or services that give them the biggest paycheck. They think this is a sure win tactic that would make them rich. In fact, affiliate marketing is more than just looking for new products or services to market. To succeed as an affiliate marketer, you need a game plan, hard work to implement it.
In this article, I want to share eight survival tactics with you, the affiliate marketer. These eight tactics do not just sound great on paper. They are doable and proven to work. With these eight survival tactics, you will be able to increase your sales and survive in the affiliate marketing arena.
Here are the eight survival tactics…
1. Use separate web pages to promote each product you are marketing. Do not lump all the products you are promoting on one web page. Consider having different websites for different products. Yes, you have to spend additional money on web hosting and domain names. For best results, have a website focused on just a single product or at the most a product group.
Always include product reviews on your website. This will give your website visitors an initial understanding of how the products you are promoting can benefit them.
2. Write articles highlighting the basic benefits and features of the products you are promoting. Highlight special points. Make your article compelling and include call to act on the information, but a word of caution here. Go easy with your sales pitch at this juncture. I say, write articles, not full fletch sales copies. The idea is to pre-sell the product you are promoting. Your goal is to get your website visitor to click on your affiliate links. Let the product owners do the sales talk.
Strategically insert your affiliate links into your articles. Use sidebars and P.S.
3. Offer free reports to your readers. Position your offers at the very top of your page, so they would not be missed. Create auto-responder messages that will be mailed to those who input their personal information into your sign up box. According to research, it normally takes seven contacts with a prospect before a sale is closed.
Only two things can possibly happen when visitors land on your website. Either they become your referrals from whom you earn your affiliate income or leave your web page and never return So, this is your only chance of getting them to leave their email address and following up on them later. Offer something of value like a special report in exchange for their personal details.
4. Deliver useful information and leads into your subscribers' inboxes. This is key to keeping your subscribers subscribed to your list. Give them useful information and leads they could act on to improve their life and business. As long as your subscribers subscribed to your mailing list, they are your prospective buyers. Hence the popular saying in the Internet marketing circle: The money is in the list.
5.Take the opportunity in your mailings to remind gently your subscribers of the product they had shown interest in earlier on. In two or two three short sentences using a sidebar or P.S. at the end of your message, pre-sell the benefits of the product you are promoting. Focus on important points like how your product can make life and things easier and more enjoyable.
Convince those who signed up for your free reports that they will be missing something big if they do not avail of your products or services.
6. Write compelling subject lines in your mailings. Your subject line is the first line that your readers read in your emails. Many emails do not get read because of weak subject lines. Write compelling subject lines that draw the attention of your subscribers. Avoid using the word "free" because there are older Spam filters that dump mails with free in the subject lines. This defeats your email marketing campaign.
7. Focus on affiliate programs that pay monthly income. It makes sense to promote affiliate programs that pay monthly income than those that pay a one-time commission.
For example the cost of joining XXY membership site is 29.95. Let's say you stand to earn 10.00 for everyone who signs up through your affiliate link. XXY membership site continues to pay you 10.00 monthly as long as those whom you referred stay subscribed. If you are able to get 50 members in a month, it means a 500.00 paycheck.
You continue to earn monthly commissions from the same customer base.
8. Attract targeted target. Just think, if the person who visited your website has no interest whatsoever in what you are offering, they will be among those who move on and never come back. Write articles for publication in e-zines that are related to the products or services you are promoting. This is one way you focus on your target customers and grab their interest.
Try to write a minimum of two articles per week that are at least 300-600 words in length. By continually writing and distributing these articles you can attract as many as 100 targeted readers to your website in a day.
Always remember that only one out of 100 people are likely to buy your product or get your services. If you can generate as much as 1,000 targeted hits for your website in a day, that means you can made ten sales based on the average statistics.
The tactics given above are doable. It just requires a little time and an action plan on your part. Use these tactics for several affiliates programs. You can end up with a steady stream of income.
Act on these eight tactics today.
Think of the huge paychecks you will be receiving.
Gerrick W provides information and software tools you need to effectively market your Internet business. Download your FREE ultimate website video package. Visit ==> http://www.1stinternetmarketingsolution.com/ultimate-website-videos.htm