by James W Vincent
Internet Marketing can be hard and an extremely daunting task for the beginner. Entry into the affiliate game can seem like a key to instant riches, but turns out to be a let down for many. But it doesn’t have to be if you keep a cool head, accept the following home truths and get a quality mentor.
1. You must work – this is the bottom line. It is a job like any other where you have to put the graft in to get results (although you can work from home and chose your hours).
2. You should have some money to invest – this can be minimal (a few dollars) but will be required for setting up a website and some advertising funds if you want a head start.
3. If you genuinely don’t have any money then you will need to invest time – see number 1
4. Beware of monetary promises – Heed the old adage: There is no such thing as a free lunch. In any other marketplace in the world if someone told you they would give you $100 in two minutes if you gave them $5, would you believe them?
5. Approach Internet Marketing like an investment – like any other investments do your research before you buy. A good forum with like-minded individuals and a sense of community and support is essential for research.
6. This is a job – see number 1.
7. This is not for the desperate or the flippant – Affiliate marketing should not be the last attempt of the desperate or something to throw some money at and see where it goes.
8. A web site is essential – for a number of reasons this is true. Web design can be learned easily though (the best websites are mostly text, so you don’t need to do anything flashy) and a good affiliate-tutoring program will have tools to help you do this.
Sounds like hard work, doesn’t it? But if you stay calm and keep an open mind the fog will clear and you will have unlocked the door to a world of potentially huge reward.
The author is an affiliate marketer working towards a full-time online income. If you would like further information on affiliate marketing resources please Click Here!