by Andrew Gowans
The following article is one of a series of articles which focus on Affiliate, Article and Internet Marketing. All of the articles are based on real experiences and research done over twenty years as a personal and business coach. They are also written in response to questions which I have been asked as well as address common challenges that people have with affiliate marketing, article marketing, internet marketing or running an online business in general. I sincerely hope that you find the following information of value. One idea, one tip, one clue can make all the difference.
Affiliates, Do You Know A Good Affiliate Program When You See It?
One of the most important things about affiliate marketing is choosing good programs to join. There are certain criteria to look for in order to differentiate the good from the bad. Here are some points to help you choose.
* Firstly check the product. The best performing affiliates actually use their sponsor's products and know them well. Know the market that will need these products and how to create a need for them.
* Check out the company carefully.
* Not everyone can afford high end products so unless you are familiar with special markets who can afford high priced goods stick to the average market of $10-$500. It will be easier for you to promote products in this range.
* Commissions: Be sure the company is offering a decent percentage. If the commission is below 20% ask yourself - will it be worth it.
* The company should also be offering good training and tools, their success lies in your success. The better companies will provide graphics, sample emails, signature ads, forum ads, even websites.
* Since the affiliate's role is to presell to their customers and visitors, check that the company has an effective salespage that leads on from all your hard work to get the visitor to click that link, and then make the sale. If the product is good but the sales letter is not that effective, I have found that the better companies are all to willing to listen to their affiliates and follow up on constructive inputs. After all it is to their benefit to do so.
* Be sure they offer good, quick customer support.
* There should be no obligation for you to buy the product
* There should be a good tracking system, showing your earnings in real time
* The company should have a system in place to prevent theft of your ID
* You should be paid at least once a month and the minimum payout should not be more than $100. Also be sure that the company has a convenient method of paying your commission.
Affiliate, Article and Internet Marketing in general isn't as easy as many would have us believe. I fully understand (through my own experiences) that it is a lot easier said than done. However, you are here, right now, because you have a desire to improve your business, grow your business, and be more successful. These articles are here with the sole intention of helping you to make the whole process a lot easier.
When is a good affiliate program not a good affiliate program? Even when it just seems out of place or not in context with your theme or niche. Just because it's a great product, and paying huge commissions, doe not necessarily mean it's right for your customers.
Think big picture. If you have spent a long time building a loyal customer base who have come to trust your judgement, just make sure that whatever products or services you offer them continues to add value and are totally in keeping with the reasons they have subscribed and / or bought from you before.
With these points you will be able to have a good idea on what to base your decision to join a program on. Carefully check out the affiliate program before joining with these criteria in mind and they will help you make the right decision. Joining the right programs will put you on the road to success.
Our guide "Making You Richer" is a comprehensive affiliate marketing program that not only points you in the direction of the best affiliate marketing companies around, but also highlights the most profitable products to promote. And it does not stop there, it also provides all the tools you need to start promoting - website templates, articles and advertising resources.
NOW is the time!
O.K. you have read the article. Now is the time for action. Without action, this article adds no value whatsoever to your affiliate success. But remember, without action, you cannot blame this affiliate marketing article or any article for that matter. So, take action NOW.
Even if only one piece of advice, one piece of information, one tip makes a difference, then the whole article has been worth it for all of us.
NOW is the time!
Making money online or from home are some of the most sought after subjects on the internet. "Making You Richer" is our complete guide to building online wealth, so you can easily convert thousands of searches every month into real sales.
Excellent Benefits + Dedicated Support = Your Success
Free Courses, Free Ebooks, and Dedicated Support
Not sure if you can start or run an affiliate home based business? You are now, visit our Independent Affiliate Reviews and see how ordinary people can run extraordinary businesses.