To start your journey in uncharted territory is always one of the hardest things in life. I really felt this when I decided to try out my luck in affiliate marketing. Completely clueless and didn’t know where to start, I jumped from one training product to another, hopeful that I will finally get a hold on a material that will set my path straight and start pulling in that money that I desperately need . But as you might have realised by now, no such product really exists.
For some reasons, those training products are either too advanced for beginners, and yet those products who claim that they are for beginners are not detailed enough. The worse thing was yet to come though; the staggering amount of information that I have gathered did not do me any good. In fact, it paralysed me to the point that I was unable to think clearly and made up my mind on what course of actions I needed to take.
Fortunately, after months of struggle I managed to clear things up and set myself in the right direction. It had been a hard time though I can tell you that. The funny thing is, now that I have much clear understanding of affiliate marketing, I can see that to start your career in affiliate marketing actually requires very simple and straightforward steps.
I am going to outline the steps here to help those of you who have just begun in affiliate marketing.
1. Open an account in ClickBank. If you don’t know what ClickBank is, it is basically one of the largest retailers of digital products on the Internet. It serves as in intermediary between you (affiliate) and the product owner (seller). After signing up to ClickBank, you can search for a product that you want to promote as an affiliate. The signing up process is very straightforward and your account is created instantly without having to wait for approval. There are other retailers out there similar to ClickBank, however for beginners ClickBank is the best choice since as I have mentioned earlier signing up process is very simple and also the amount of products available to choose from is staggering.
2. Choose a niche market. As a rule of thumb, you always want to choose a market with a fair number of competitions. You might have found that some people actually advocate finding a small niche with only few competitors. You don’t want to do this. Small niche means small demands, and small demands means small profits and limited growth potential. You don’t want to a niche that you know you won’t be able to expand your business to its fullest potential.
3. Choose a product to promote. As a beginner, always choose a product that has proven itself to sell well. ClickBank actually makes it easy for you to do it. If you go to ClickBank marketplace, by default the products are sorted on their popularity. It means that the most popular products would be on the top.
4. Create a squeeze page to capture the details of your visitors. The purpose of this is to build a subscriber list. You have to give your visitors some incentives to sign up to your newsletter by giving away free stuff such as free reports. Make sure though that your free report is of considerable value (don’t think that because it’s free you can just put together some articles that you grabbed from here and there). You must aim to build your credibility and trust.
5. Bring some traffic to squeeze page. This is undeniably the hardest task of all. You can do pay-per-click (PPC) which is the fastest way yet the most costly, SEO (search engine optimisation) which takes much longer, or Joint Venture (JV).
6. Sending out newsletters to your subscriber list. Always load pure content to the first and second newsletter. You want to build trust and earn your subscriber’s respect first. Never start selling too early and you will ruin your chance to sell later.
If you are a beginner in affiliate marketing and you are determined and persistent but you don’t know where to start, it would be best to join a group of affiliate marketers so you can learn from each other.
Go to http://affiliatereviews.theportalz.info to find out more.