Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Staying On The Cutting Edge Of Being A Successful Affiliate Marketer

My name is Rene Tse. In my early twenties I moved into my mother's condo to regroup and figure out my future. Within two months the living situation evaporated. Her husband staged a fake real estate sale to give me the "big hint" that he wanted me out of his house. I wound up homeless for two days. The first night I slept on the condo grounds of my mother's complex. The second night I slept under a pier near White Rock. I decided after hitting rock bottom and experiencing the freezing temperatures of sleeping in the winter outdoors that I would never allow myself to be put in this position again. I spent two months with a friend and slept in her basement and later worked for one year telemarketing 15 hours a day 7 days a week. In the midst of this telemarketing stint, I patched a three way conference call with a colleague who mentioned how a contact of his sells him leads. I got curious about it and wound up meeting this very individual, who builds websites and optimizes them so they have top ranking in the major search engines. This colleague would later become my mentor and coach.

I purchased my first website from him for a few hundred dollars, the second one cost over a thousand.

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

-Calvin Coolidge

Assessing the situation
The success rate of being a successful affiliate marketer is around 1%. Seven years ago I started out as an affiliate marketer in a class with fifty others. We each made our way in the marketplace over the years. Now only two people from this core group are making a good living working out of their homes. This is yours truly and one good friend.

What happened to the other 48 people that received coaching three times a week, which included the exact tasks to accomplish and reach our goals of ranking organically in Google with select keyword targets? They experienced quick success in the first 6 to 12 months. Some even lasted up until the Florida Update, a Google algorithm change that occurred in December of 2004. The remaining 48 people did not learn quickly enough how to adjust to the new changes that Google required. Many of them went back to working their 9 to 5 jobs. They let go and gave up. The class of 50 was fortunate enough to simply follow a system. All we had to do was get up in the morning and spend at least 8 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week to accomplish those tasks.

Deciding what I wanted to do

After being homeless for only two days, I decided that I would never hit rock bottom again. The answer for me did not include going back to school, getting a degree or climbing the corporate ladder. Many people with MBAs and undergraduate degrees work at jobs where they are one paycheck away from being homeless. What motivated to work 15 hours a day, 7 days a week for the first 4 years of affiliate marketing? I felt this invisible force knocking on my shoulder every minute reminding me that if I didn't succeed I would wind up homeless and broke my entire life. I took up the sport of Judo at the YMCA in the seventh grade. I taught myself everything I needed to know without the guidance of a teacher. I always dreamed that I would compete for Canada in the Olympics. One day my mentor came along and told me to do a specific task, the equivalent of a kung fu teacher asking me to do the horse stance for two hours. This kind of pose can be very painful. The body shakes from the effort of holding a horse stance for that long. The key ingredient here is that I believed in the process and in my mentor. I also had persistence and determination something I developed while training for tournaments in Judo. I just knew even if I did not have many black belts to train with I could use a bungee cord and go in and out of the throw. I knew that if I ran up 8 flights of stairs ten times, I would get in the condition I needed to win. In Judo, you also need to cultivate resilience, if you are thrown over and over again like I did when I trained in Japan when I was 17 by a black belt instructor. I had to get up right away and be ready to fall again.

This was the mindset I took into my affiliate marketing business. If something didn't work, I would consult with my mentor. He would recommend a certain thing to do and I was back working long hours on the computer. I don't recommend that you do what I did. I cut off my friendships. When you work those kind of long hours all you can fit in is time to eat and sleep. Otherwise you will find your partner will want a divorce because you are spending no time with the family.

Persistence Secrets Part I Revealed

I look back on the success of my friend and myself. We are the only people that continue to make a good living at Internet marketing and have ridden the seven years of algorithm changes in Google, Yahoo and MSN. We both possessed: iron will determination, persistence and resilience.

Without:

Without the daily support of my mentor, coupled with the education, the research of my mentor and his team to rank sites in Google, I would not be here today, a successful affiliate marketer.

Without the technology that my mentor invented, seeing the earnings of my mentor's websites on the first day of class reached well over $15, 000 in 3 weeks.

Without the persistence, determination and resilience I would not be building new websites and having the passion to put useful content on my blogs and have my sites rank in Google, Yahoo and MSN.

Harriett Salinger, a life coach says.'I think people know wha they want. What they need are arms to hold them as they make the discovery. Coaching is hard work, but it isn't gut-wrenching. It isn't like, 'Oh, this happened to me when I was 3 and it was so terrible.' It's more emotion in the moment, rather than stored emotion. If you are making a change in your life, there might be some sense of loss. Or if you are getting out of a dead end relationship, you might be feeling anger. But these are emotions that arise from the situation.'

Being in an atmosphere with your coach where you can learn to do positive self talk, where you will be encouraged with your ideas and being accountable for the tasks or assignments that you will need to do is the secret in having the persistence to overcome any obstacle that will come your way.

It's not easy to build and optimize a blog and have a 3 word keyword phrase rank in Google within the first week of the Google bot spiders crawling it. Most SEO consultants will tell their clients to be patient and there may be a 1 year wait to optimize your website to rank in the major search engines. The infamous google sand box. I can speak from experience that with the right combination of skills, you can rank a blog, in my case I ranked 2 blogs in 2 different market niches and within 1 week, my pages appeared on the first pages of Google. Now this is where the hard work begins, where you need to optimize for keywords that are well searched.

Lastly, don't forget to also learn about email marketing, Pay per click marketing as these are other fabulous ways to build a list of loyal customers in your business mix. This way, if you website does lose its rankings off the first page in google, you won't be pounding the pavement looking for a JOB!

Rene Tse invites you to enter the refuge of fix bad credit and finding competent credit repair attorney so can get the strength that will guide you to a better credit situation and pay a lower interest rate for big purchases.

No comments: