by Angela Wills
What are the advantages of affiliate marketing?
You must be thinking of exploring this channel as a way to make money online and you're wondering why it's worth the effort. There are a lot of advantages to becoming an affiliate and promoting other people's products. Oh boy, let me tell you a few!
1. You don't have to create a product: This is a pretty obvious but huge advantage. Product creation can be very costly and time consuming. First there is the research, then creating the actual product, then creating the sales copy and then finding ways to promote it. As an affiliate you ONLY need to concentrate on the last step: promotion.
2. Quickly test out new markets: If you are interested in creating your own products at some point, becoming an affiliate first is a good way to really check out the viability of the market. Now you can quickly test out new markets and easily switch markets because you are not spending a lot of time and money creating your own products.
3. You won't need to handle customer service or refunds: In any business there is going to be a certain number of issues coming up with the products or extra customer service needed. As an affiliate it is not your responsibility to provide this type of service, saving you the time and/or expense versus offering your own product.
4. No payment processing: A big task for anyone selling anything online is working out how they will accept payments. Setting up a shopping cart, merchant account and complete payment system can be complicated. As an affiliate you don't need to worry about any of that. You just promote and wait for your check to come in.
5. No product updates: Start your own product and it's likely you'll need to update it, especially if it's an information product on a topic such as internet marketing (where changes happen so rapidly).
6. Work anywhere, anytime and earn anywhere, anytime: This is likely one of the best advantages to affiliate marketing. You are not tied to be in any one place or to work at any particular time. As an affiliate you can promote products when you choose. You also can earn money as an affiliate for work you did years ago. The links you put out on the internet are available worldwide, anytime which means you can earn commissions while on vacation or in your sleep for work you may have done just minutes or even years ago.
These are just a few advantages of affiliate marketing. Once you start building your own income as an affiliate you'll come up with your own list of why it's an amazing and rewarding business to run.
And now I'd like to let you know about a free special report you can download to help you learn more about affiliate marketing and how to get started right. It's the 'Beginner's Guide to Affiliate Marketing' and you can find it here: http://www.marketersmojo.com/freebies/beginners-guides/affiliate-marketing/
By signing up for the report above you will get affiliate marketing tips that teach you how to build a passive income that pays your return on investment for years to come. This has nothing to do with 'get rich quick' and everything to do with leverage and smart marketing.
Let me know if you have any questions.